Superfruits are antioxidant and vitamin rich options that have profound health benefits. If you're looking for a way to incorporate more nutrients into your diet and are tired of your tried-and-true apple, here are five options for great fruits to have in your kitchen at NAS Pensacola Homes:
1. Acai. This Brazilian was first introduced to the American market in 2004 and grows on palm trees. The fruit contains exceptional polyphenol and antioxidant properties, and has also been shown to reduce cholesterol in tests. It is served as pulp or in juice blends.
2. Goji. Also known as the Chinese wolfberry, these Asian fruits overflow with a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, as well as helpful phytochemicals that may have beneficial health effects. They're most commonly eaten dry.
3. Blueberries. This fruit has some of the highest antioxidant levels of any on this list, and it also produces tannins that have been shown to inhibit the development of cancer.
4. Pomegranate. The juicy seeds of this fruit have been shown to inhibit risk factors that contribute to coronary artery disease in clinical tests. Many companies sell pomegranate juice, either pure or blended with other fruits for flavor. Though this fruit is a bit difficult to crack into, it's well worth it!
5. Sea Buckthorn. This small, orange berry is very acidic and difficult to eat raw. However, when the juice is extracted, it boasts a spectacular dose of vitamin C and phytonutrients that have anti-inflammatory properties.
Incorporate some or all of these delicious natural fruits into your diet to improve your health and your diet.